Monarch Training & Consulting
For almost 20 years, Madeline Schmidt has inspired and transformed people and companies, helping them achieve their full potential through organizational development, learning, training, coaching, leadership development, performance, and culture change.
Madeline has had the benefit of working in the “inside,” as the Head of Talent & Leadership Development for growth companies in a variety of industries such as sales, e-commerce, real estate and development, hospitality, and financial services. She has trained, developed and coached thousands of individuals, high potentials, emerging leaders, and executives in leveraging their current strengths, developing new strengths, shifting mindsets and approaches to achieve personal and professional goals, and uncovering blind spots that get in the way of growth and success.
Known for her passion, insights, and ability to connect with hearts and minds, she specializes in flexible and customized solutions (built specifically for YOUR needs, culture, company, and people) in the areas of Leadership Development (including Coaching and 360 feedback), Organizational Culture and Employee Engagement, Learning & Development, and Women’s Leadership Initiatives.
Madeline has an M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, received several local and national awards for her talent development and culture change work and is a certified facilitator / practitioner in a variety of globally recognized leadership training programs such as: DISC, Predictive Index (PI), Situational Leadership II, Situational Frontline Leadership, Situational Self Leadership, Catalyst, and AchieveGlobal.
expertise to add value to your organization
- Nationally recognized learning/OD expert (Training Magazine’s Top 100, ASTD Peak Performance award, SHRM Workplace Excellence awards).
- Almost 20 years experience in the fields of Human Resources, Learning, and Organizational Development.
- Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
Certified facilitator of globally recognized training programs:
- Situational Self Leadership (Ken Blanchard)
- Situational Frontline Leadership (Ken Blanchard)
- Situational Leadership II (Ken Blanchard)
- Catalyst (MarcumSmith)
- Leadership and Service Modules (AchieveGlobal)
- DISC (communication, leadership, team building, service/sales, etc)
- Predictive Index (PI)
Madeline has created and led Learning/OD Departments from the ground-up, both inside and outside of companies:
- Director of Learning and Organizational Development at world-famous Hotel del Coronado.
- Director of Learning and Leadership Development at Encore Capital Group
- Leadership Training Manager at AMN Healthcare
- Director of Talent Development at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
- Director of Talent | Learning | Leadership Development at Provide-Commerce (ProFlowers, Shari’s Berries, RedEnvelope, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Gifts.com, Sincerely.com)
- Director of Human Resources, Learning & Development at H.G. Fenton Company
- ATD San Diego Mentor
- Speaking engagements with ATD, SHRM, and more
Consultant for a variety of industries: Non-profit, hospitality, financial services, real estate & development, construction, professional firms, education/academics, e-commerce and more!
Why Monarch training & consulting is different
We build custom solutions for your organization. Most consulting companies have large overhead costs from building products/programs they intend to deploy to many organizations. Guess what that means? It's in their best interest to sell you their products, with minor customization (logo, slight tweaks in wording, etc.) Many of these programs are fantastic, they weren't built for you. While we do have ready-to-go successful training programs that we can modify to suit your needs, Madeline is passionate about understanding your organization, and creates custom solutions for YOU, your culture, and your objective.
The quality of her services matches her years of experience. While many consultants can name their years of experience, if you dig a little deeper, you'll find that many of those years do not necessarily equate to expertise, success, or true impact. Madeline is well known in San Diego as a gifted professional in her field, has led multiple successful Learning/Talent departments, and has been nationally recognized for her achievements and successes. Madeline works directly with you and only takes a few clients at a time because she is passionate about your success.